The Salt Lounge is Basingstoke’s first salt therapy space for all ages, (relaxing adults room, and fun kids room) that help to alleviate breathing difficulties in conditions from asthma to COPD as well as soothing skin irritations such as eczema. Beneficial for general health and well being, as well as a truly relaxing experience, on your own for some ‘me time’ or come with friends, partner or even family with kids.
SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN AND 100% NATURAL!!!
What happens in the room – While relaxing in one of our treatment rooms, customers inhale the dry, salt-enriched air deep down into the lungs and through the skin to help relieve congestion, inflammation and skin irritations. Each session takes approximately 45 minutes where customers can sit back and relax on our super comfortable chairs with their legs up and listen to relaxation music!
Salt therapy is also known as Halotherapy, which derives from the Greek word for salt. It dates back to the Greek and Roman times when it is believed that they bathed in salt water to cure a host of ailments. In addition, Catholic monks in medieval Europe are thought to have brought unwell people into salt caves. They crushed the salt with their feet to release it into the air to help with respiratory conditions.
In 1840, Polish doctor Dr Feliks Boczkowski really uncovered the BENEFITS…
He was treating miners and noticed that whilst coal miners were suffering with breathing problems, salt miners had no such problems. He published his findings and it is his theory which forms the basis of salt therapy today.
Put simply, it is the inhalation of air infused with salt which is carried out in a humidity-free salt lounge. A halogenerator grinds salt into microscopic particles and releases them into the air of the salt lounge which are then inhaled. This helps to absorb germs, irritants, allergens and toxins leaving airways clearer and helping you to breathe easier.
Respiratory problems often occur due to mucus causing inflammation and narrowing of the airways, which makes it difficult to breathe. The treatment dehydrates the mucus so it can be dislodged and removed leaving the person the ability to breathe clearly and deeply.
Salt therapy helps damaged skin from the outside by dehydrating the skin to tighten a wound and smooth the skin. It also increases the oxygen in the circulatory system to help heal from inside too. Salt therapy also absorbs impurities, oil and bacteria from the skin leaving you with a healthy and glowing complexion.
The negative ions in salt are also thought to promote better sleep and reduce stress levels.
Salt therapy is recognised as a safe and effective practice for both preventative and restorative care for a range of ailments and conditions. However, salt therapy is not a medical treatment and should not be used to replace anything prescribed by your doctor. We suggest consulting your doctor before having salt therapy, especially if you have a serious medical concern or condition.
We do not recommend salt therapy for anyone with contagious diseases, fever, open wounds, cancer, severe hypertension, a weak heart or heart arrhythmia, mental health disorders or active tuberculosis. Pregnant women should also consult their doctor before undergoing salt therapy.
A course of 3 sessions is recommended but not mandatory. If you wish to bring friends or come more than once, then you can buy multiple vouchers… This promotion is only £9 per session!!!
TO BUY THIS DEAL – To purchase this deal, press the BUY NOW button by the picture to go through and pay. You will be emailed your vouchers instantly with the booking line number for the The Salt Therapy Lounge. On the rare occasion you cannot book a convenient date or time, we would refund your payment in full.
- VOUCHER EXPIRES 30 NOVEMBER 2018
- Please allow at least an hour for each visit
- Available for all ages from 6 months upwards
- All of our guests are provided with a hairnet and shoe covers which we ask you to wear for the duration of your salt treatment. Wear something casual which you can relax in so you are comfortable throughout the session.
- LOCKERS ARE PROVIDED
- Our Salt Lounge has space for nine people at a time. We provide comfortable chairs, footstools, blankets and a range of magazines for you to enjoy during the treatment. The children’s room accommodates up to 4 children plus their accompanying adults at any one time.
- 10am - 8pm Tuesday to Friday, 9am - 5pm Saturday, 11am - 4pm Sunday
- VOUCHER EXPIRES 30 NOVEMBER 2018
- Can buy multiple vouchers, but only 3 can be used PER PERSON, although as many as you wish for gifts or bringing friends/family.
- You can wear casual clothes so that you feel completely relaxed.
- Not to be used in conjunction with other offers
- Over 6 months of age only - all children must be accompanied by an adult
- Must call to book in advance. 24 Hour Cancellation Policy
- In the case of multiple purchases - All sessions must be booked by 30 November.
Website: The Salt Lounge
Chiltern House, Feathers Yard