What Is Electrocautery?
Electrocautery, also referred to as thermal cautery, is a medical technology that uses a light electrical current to heat up the skin, in order to achieve tissue destruction in a very narrow and targeted location. A needle, or blade which is heated by electricity, is applied to the treated area, killing the skin cells or cleanly cutting through tissue.
Electrocautery is often used in modern-day surgical centers, to coagulate blood around the incision and to stop bleeding. “Cauterizing” a wound means sealing off vessels that can bleed with heat. It can be used at various voltage strengths, for delicate and detailed work with skin lesions. Lower voltage with an alternating current, allows for a ‘cutting’ effect, able to remove undesirable growths including warts, moles, and skin tags. Because the procedure only reaches the outermost layers of the skin, it is incredibly safe and often does not lead to scarring. It is also a very efficient method of removal.
A mole “vanishes” when cauterized. The skin beneath the mole is not injured, although it may be red for a few days. A scar does not form. You are able to resume normal activities quickly as long as you’re careful to keep the area clean to avoid any possibility of infection.
TO BUY THIS DEAL – To purchase this deal, press the BUY NOW button by the picture to go through and pay, you will be emailed a voucher instantly with the booking line number for H&B Bournemouth. On the rare occasion you cannot book a convenient date or time, or if your skin/mole is not suitable for treatment, we would refund your payment in full.
- VOUCHER EXPIRES 30 NOVEMBER 2018
- Professional, Welcoming, Friendly & Experienced Staff
- Please allow 1 hours for your visit
Open days: Tuesday & Wednesday: 10am-4:00pm, Thursday & Friday: 11am-8pm, Saturday: 10am-4pm
- Maximum of 3 Vouchers Per Person (For Own Use - 3 moles), although multiple vouchers (2, 3 or more) can be bought as gifts too. Not to be used in conjunction with other offers or deals. Minimum age is 18 | Must provide GPs consent prior to booking. Not suitable for pregnant or breastfeeding women. Not suitable for customers with diabetes or cancerous lesions. Size or location restrictions may apply. No open cuts or contagious skin complaints. 3 milia’s equals 1 mole.
- MUST CALL TO BOOK IN ADVANCE. 24 Hour Cancellation Policy.
- Open Tuesday & Wednesday: 10am-4:00pm, Thursday & Friday: 11am-8pm, Saturday: 10am-4pm subject to availability.
1087 Christchurch Road