REVIEW BY BOURNEMOUTH ECHO….
“EVERY now and then you discover a hidden gem like the restaurant at the Russell Court Hotel in Bournemouth, and you can’t wait to tell people about it.
From the outside you would never know that the hotel in Bath Road, was home to such a superb Indian restaurant which is run by a very hospitable Asian family who are keen to make their mark on the local foodie scene.
They have even brought their head chef with them who is originally from Goa and has been with the family for 20 years.
We were invited by Kapil Somaiya and his cousin Bhavin Ganatra to dine with them.
“We serve traditional Indian food with a twist as we like to mix it up a bit and make it more unique,” says Kapil.
“Everything is freshly cooked on the premises – we never cook anything in advance and we don’t use microwaves.”
For starters we were presented with a large platter of taster dishes including bite sized onion bhajees, crispy potato bhajja, slices of paneer cheese marinated in tandoori, mini lamb shish kebabs and spicy lamp chops served with sweet chilli and a green mint sauce.
We also discovered Tilapia fish for the first time. Apparently it is a Kenyan fish, similar to cod, but with a softer texture, which had been pan fried in a crispy masala coating and was so tender it practically melted in the mouth.
Every item was perfectly cooked and bursting with flavour with just the right balance of herbs and spices.
For mains we were treated to methi chicken, tender chicken pieces cooked with fresh spinach in a medium hot curry sauce which was one of my favourite dishes, a yellow lentil dahl, a layered chicken biryani dish, steamed rice, pilau rice, curried black eye lentils and a selection of cheese naans.
For dessert we had a taste of kulfi, which is creamier than ordinary ice cream because of its high milk content.
I particularly liked the mango flavour, as you could taste the fruit and it was very refreshing – the perfect way to round off this Indian feast.
Desi Dhabaa is a must visit for any self-respecting curry addict!
TO BUY THIS DEAL: Simply Click the BUY NOW button next to the picture and go through to payment. Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly with booking instructions for Russell Court Hotel & Restaurant.
- VOUCHER EXPIRES 30 NOVEMBER 2021
- Delicious High Quality Food - Authentic Indian Food with a Special Twist
- DESCRIBED BY THE ECHO AS BOURNEMOUTH'S "HIDDEN GEM"
- Valid 7 DAYS A WEEK, Lunchtime 12pm – 2pm and Evening 5:30pm – 10pm
- 1 voucher per 2 people, multiples can be bought as gifts or to come as Group (maximum 6 people) Please Call to book your table in advance with your Dreamtree Voucher. Not to be used in conjunction with other offers. Excludes all duck, lamb and seafood dishes
- Valid 7 DAYS A WEEK, Lunchtime 12pm – 2pm and Evening 5:30pm – 10pm (excludes bank holidays)
Website: Russell Court Hotel & Restaurant
Russell Court Hotel